Ok day 7, 8 9 and 10.
I’ve been ruthless today with sorting out my clothes. I am not the kind of person to spend loads of money on clothes. I don’t like clothes shopping and tend to buy things as I need them. Despite this I have accumulated a lot of things which I don’t love but don’t hate enough to get rid of. Also I’m not quite as svelte as I once was and quite a lot of my clothes are a bit on the tight side.
So I’ve gone through my wardrobe and each drawer with the mantra “If in doubt, chuck it out”. My daughters have been the lucky(?) recipients of lots of stuff – they are students so don’t have a lot to spend on clothes. I have stressed to them that, if they don’t like something I won’t be offended if it ends up in the charity shop or passed onto one of their equally penniless friends.
Because I have such a lot of unwanted clothes, I have actually got rid of 3 days worth of stuff! This is my list:
Given to my daughters:
- Shorts x 3 – too small and not much opportunity to wear them. I now only have 3 pairs which is plenty in this climate/with my figure.
- Corset top – will look much better on my daughter than me…
- Jumpers x 2 – bit tight.
- Thick tights x 1 – never worn, had them about 3 years.
- Jeggings x 1 – too tight.
- Cardigans x 4, wrong shape for me – cropped/short/ not flattering with baggy twin tummy.
- vest top – too small
- Sports bra – too small
- Shumper – too tight
- Cord jeans – wrong shape for me
- Jacket – too young for me
- Dresses x 3 – too young/small for me.
- top which I’ve gone off.
The charity shop has been the lucky recipient of:
- men’s shirts x 2
- joggers x 1 – make me look chavvy
- jumpers x 2 – itchy
- catsuit/jumpsuit – don’t like it but too old for my daughters
- Evening dress – not their style (or mine)
- A pair of jeans which are too short for me and too wide for my girls.
I have recycled:
- 2 scruffy pairs of joggers
- 2 holey jumpers and
- 1 pair of trainers
Total: 34 items of clothing – 7 + 8 + 9 + 10.
I’ve also put some unwanted toiletries, a typewriter, a 3 piece suite and an un-working inkjet printer on freegle and some old small school chairs, a car dog guard and a toddler bike trailer on a local ‘for sale’ site. I will add them to my list if/when they sell/get given away.